Tuesday, January 12, 2010
January 6th Email
My dear family, it is just great to hear from you in the year 2010, some of the missionaries call it the year of the big metal bird. I am amazed at how fast it has come. I blink and another month goes by. I can't believe that transfers are next week and that I will probably be moving on to my last area. I am sad to leave, I have made a lot of great friends, and am comfortable, but I guess that is usually when you get moved. They people are just so great. New yeas eve was fun we went up to summerside and we played games and hung out with those elders. I took Elder Hendriksen to dinner at the Mexican restaurant that we really just think is great. We did stay up and bring in the year. Brenlae is just back in town, so hopefully things will pick up with him. The goa's are busy and hard to catch up with. But we are trying. The work is going forward. Linda Breau, I think I have mentioned he a few times, she was baptized just before I got here, and has gone less active, but I think if she had more diligent visiting teachers and home teachers and people would watch out for her it would be different. But the whole church would be different if that was the case. But anyway she is in the hospital with a blockage in her spline or by it, so she has the thing that turns you yellow. She finds out more today. The package is on its way. He is driving from here left on Sunday I think, and I think he is taking his time. We stopped by their home and the trailer was just finished loading and it left. We went inside and she asked if we wanted some food. She ended up giving us a big box full of food, a gallon of milk, half a turkey that they hadn't finished. So they are just great people. be sure to thank them for looking out for us. Don't send next week letters until I give the heads up. I got Christmas cards from the mortensens, holmans, and stewarts. I am going to get them a postcard and drop a line. They are so great to remember me. So that is my week and things are going well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment