Well family it is great to hear from all of you again. I am so glad to know that you are all well and safe. That is always great to know. I am feeling much better. By Sunday I was back to normal. But the days leading up to it my stomach just wasn't feeling the same. But can you blame it. It went through a lot. Or alot went through it. How ever you want to look at it i guess. The work is loving along. Jerry actually suprised us by coming to church on Sunday. We had met with him last week and he hadn't read and just didn't seem commited. But I invited him out and he came. He could only stay for the one hour but it seemed like he enjoyed it. IT was testimony meeting and this ward can have its moments like all wards. Crazies you could say. It was good though. The weather ahsn't been the greatest, we had a cold stretch and then rain. So that is what we are in right now. I here that the weekend is going to be great, which is good for sitting inside and watching conference I guess. And yes we will be able to watch all of Conference. Which I am very excited about. I am really excited to see Sunday with it being East Sunday and everything. That doesn't happen every year. We were able to meet with President Blake yesterday. He is the temple president. We went to his house and we talked about Duncan the guy that gave up being an anglican minister. We discussed our next lesson with him. We were able to learn abit about the 1st centry and stuff. It was good. And we also found out that he has been home teaching a part member family, and the husband wants to be baptized. HE has had some fights with brain cancer and is in remission now, but he know what he needs to do. So we will be halping out with that. The Blakes also gave me so advice on my schooling and stuff. They are just amazing people. He worked on the Apollo programs and is just an amazing man. He used to be a mission president here. He does so much for the people and the church here, it will hurt them when they leave this fall. They are from Bounfifull. On Monday night we went to a less actives boxing gym and worked out with him. You guys better watch out I learned some uppercuts and a solid punch. No I am actually really soar and I never punched a bag or person, but it worked me good. It was fun. We were able to meet a couple other guys that were working out also. It was fun. The less active is Laurie Grosse, you can look him up. He was a canadian middle weight champ. He trained with Mike Tyson. He is just this big black guy. It was a lot of fun meeting with him. But that has been my week.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment