Tuesday, June 22, 2010
June 9th Email
My wonderful family, it is just great to hear from all of you. I am pleased to know that you are all doing so well. I hope that it continues to be the case. The weather has been pretty good here. The weekend was crazy with some intense rain storms, but the last couple days were just great. We got out and played some golf this morning. I shot a 59. But I had two holes that I blew up on. Two of the par 5s. I got 10s on them, so if I got a 7 or 6 like I did on the third one I would have shot a low 50. But I did well on the other holes. So the game is coming back a bit. The work is moving along. We are doing a lot of finding, and it has been a slow go so far. Our lesson with Laura fell through on Monday but was rescheduled for next Monday. She is doing well though. We were also able to meet with Wayne last weekend. And he is coming along. He is a good guy and hopefully we can get him progressing. But the work is coming along for sure. I got a letter in the mail on Monday. It was my flight plans. But I for got to bring them, but luckily for you I remembered them. I leave Halifax on Friday July 2nd at 9 am, and land in Detroit at 11 and have a one hour lay over and leave at 12 and land in Salt Lake City, Utah, also known as HOME!!! at 2:10. So That is a lot earlier then we had expected. I hope that it didn't ruin any plans you had to celebrate before you have me home. But that is the way the cookie crumbles. So we have a bit more time to work with now, which I don't know if that is a good thing or not. While laying in bed and sometimes while knocking a long street I have thought about those first few hours. Now since it is earlier and we don't know what the Stake President is up to and how it went with Brandon not wanting to eat much when he first came home, I was thinking that we could just come home and relax for a bit. Let me get settled and we can just laugh and have a good time. Then around 5 or so we can go out to dinner and I should be able to eat then. Get released and then go back to the house and we can have some people come over and stop in and say hello. I don't want to many people that I don't know though, maybe save that for another day. I know that Trent and Jake and those guys would like to come. People from the ward, and stuff like that. So that can be just a rough plan for now, I am open for suggestions though. Then on Saturday I want to play basketball in the morning and then maybe a family breakfast. But that can all be worked out. On Saturday or Sunday I think it would be fun to have a nice BBQ as a family and maybe some clothes friends and just have it at the back yard. Some potatoe salad is a must. Then one other request that i have is that on Sunday July 4th I want to just go to the family ward. I know that you all have responsibilities in your other wards, but that is where I want to go on the first Sunday, so if anyone would like to come with me that would be nice. Wimbledon is probably that Sunday as well, so that should be nice as well. So that is enough of that talk. I am doing good and we are working hard. Elder Hunter is a good guy and keeping me going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment