Well family, I am again happy to hear from you all. I am sorry to hear that Marli is sick and hopefully she will get feeling better.It sounds like you all are doing great. I am glad that that is the case. I have been doing pretty good. Just trying to work hard and stay focused, my companion goes home in 4 weeks so I have to handle that and the fact that I am shortly after, and I don't know the area, so It is hard to really get to know people. I wish I would have just stayed in Dartmouth for the fact that I don't think that I would think about home as much. But I am here and as Nephi in helaman says that I am consigned to this so I most work with what I have got. It isn't really that bad, but we struggle at working hard sometimes. It comes in waves. Any way the past week was pretty good. Some of the service we have done is help cut down some trees for wood. We have also help put siding on a shed. LAst night we took the lids off of a bunch of bottles becuase people take there bottles into the bottle exchange so we helped take the lids off. We had a neat lesson with this lady named Laura, she is sincere in wanting to learn and that went well. There is also a guy named Wayne that we are teaching, and he is really cool, his brother joined some time ago and now lives out west, but wayne had some expirence with the church when his brother joined. So that is going well. The branch is great the members are great. I am giving a talk this sunday. It will be the first talk since when I was in Marystown. I am the concluding speaker. So that should be fun. I am talking on the talk the Elder Perry gave last October, the past way of looking to the future. I am excited to give it. I will let you know how it goes. I will have to travel about 2 1/2 hours for zone conference, that will be in early may, right before Mothers day. We drive a cobalt. I was hoping for a malibu, but nope. My area is pretty big, a lot of little communities. We actually don't work part of yarmouth town, becuase it has been over worked and needs a break. It is a fun area though, there are some beautifull sunsets. The weather is getting a bit better, there is always a nice breeze but until the temp gets a little nicer it still has a nip in the air. I guess that is what has been going on.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It still amazes me how spread out Daniel's mission is. I'm hoping Daniel can get a few baptisms before he makes his way back to Utah.
Post a Comment