Monday, December 22, 2008
December 17th
Well hello everyone. How are we all doing today? I can't really jinx myself for the weather becuase I will get it sometime. But it sucks for you guys. Last friday it was 13 degrees. Felt so good. And that was at 7 at night. Now today it is around freezing. But sounds like you all have it pretty bad. I am going to get I know but, getting it later then you guys is ok with me. You can go inside when ever I get to walk in it. I haven't even had to wear my big coat for the longest time. Zone Conference was great. After the meeting we played some Christmas games that were fun. And I got into it and had fun. I was impressed with myself. At the gift exchange I wlked away with oatmeal though. How lame. I was the second to pick so I couldn't really steal from anyone becuase there were no options. And no one is going to steal from me. So I was stuck. SO lame. I ended up giving a Marvel Comics puzzle. Transfers wont be until middle of January. They don't like to transfer around the holidays. So we will see what happens. We are teaching this sweet lady Mary Slaney. She actually read this past week. But didn't pray. But she said she would this week. She likes what she hears and agrees with it. But doesn't want to leave her church. She travels out to St Lawrence on Sundays to go to church becuase that is where she is from, so it is hard to get her to come to ours. But the Spirit can do a lot. So we will keep working with her. This week we are delivering the home teaching message and a plate of cookies. We were able to share the message at Sister Taylors and The Powers. The others we just handed it to them. But one said we could come back on the weekend and come in and talk. That is awesome becuase we have only had awkward conversations at the door step. Progress. We are having our Christmas Branch Social this Saturday, and things are really coming together. It should be a real party this time. We are having a turkey dinner and singing caorles and watching either Joy to the World or Mr Krugers Christmas. SO it Should be fun. It is cool to see how the Branch has come together for the christmas social.And we have lost a member. Tony is now gone, I didn't even get to say bye, He just left. I was a little sad, but happy for him. He will get to be with his family which will be good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment